יום ראשון, 9 ביוני 2013

Not all those who wander are lost

"I have recently come into an excess of happiness, and I have spent a lot of time trying to figure..."

"I have recently come into an excess of happiness, and I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out what to do with it. It was in little piles on the sidewalk, so I brought it inside before whoever owned it could take it back. I have been putting it in drawers and underneath furniture and I have started to stuff my house's insulation with it. I forget what I wanted it for to begin with."

- John Cambell, from this interview. (via edwardspoonhands)

Photo





Photo



7000stars: Milky Way over Teton Range and Jackson Lake...



7000stars:

Milky Way over Teton Range and Jackson Lake (by Royce Bair)

"Teeth" of Mount Ai-Petri, Ukraine



"Teeth" of Mount Ai-Petri, Ukraine

"Char me or scar me, let this love be anything but ordinary."

"Char me or scar me,
let this love be anything
but ordinary."

- Daily Haiku on Love by Tyler Knott Gregson (via tylerknott)

Photo



tylerknott: Typewriter Series #436 by Tyler Knott Gregson Text...



tylerknott:

Typewriter Series #436 by Tyler Knott Gregson

Text for Tired Eyes:

There's something special about hands.
I don't know what or why or even where it comes from
but I could sit, stare
and watch hands move
and make and sooth
and create and tie
and wash and dry
and manufacture magic
out of the pure nothingness the air provides them
when they illustrate the words
that float from your lips.
There are stories, so many stories,
in the wrinkles of palms and the tiny smiles
where your thumb's knuckle decides to bend.
What will these hands say, when roughed and
scarred and wrinkled and slowly clenched closed?
What, when our bodies pull our fingers to a
quiet fist in a final act of defiance against
the aging we are fighting, will those stories
be? These hands will be cut and burned and
blackened with ash as we sift through what we
set fire to.
We are the remains when the excuses have been
burned down and the colors of life will hide
under our fingernails. We are these hands
tough but gentle and strong but soft. We, like
they were made for building and holding
painting and writing and drawing inkless art
on the canvas of bare skin. Listen to the
words my hands say as they trace the lines of
yours, hear the whispers as they cartwheel down
your back. These hands tell stories and I'll
spend my life wondering what your hands tell my
hands when your fingers find my fingers
and wrap tightly around.

"A friend took this pic in Arizona USA. The meteorologists...



"A friend took this pic in Arizona USA. The meteorologists don't have a name for it. 
Seems to be high energy to be in a Rainbow and a tornado!
 "

"So the universe is not quite as you thought it was. You'd better rearrange your beliefs, then...."

"So the universe is not quite as you thought it was.
You'd better rearrange your beliefs, then. Because you certainly can't rearrange the universe."

- Isaac Asimov (via substantia-nigra)

Photo





















fromeuropewithlove: Lake Bled, Slovenia



fromeuropewithloveLake Bled, Slovenia

thefrogman: Photographed by Theron Humphrey [website] for Maddie...











thefrogmanPhotographed by Theron Humphrey [website] for Maddie On Things

[h/t: abstraire]

myidealhome: gorgeous backyead (via desire to inspire)



myidealhomegorgeous backyead (via desire to inspire)

"1. I'm lonely so I do lonely things 2. Loving you was like going to war; I never came back the..."

"1. I'm lonely so I do lonely things
2. Loving you was like going to war; I never came back the same.
3. You hate women, just like your father and his father, so it runs in your blood.
4. I was wandering the derelict car park of your heart looking for a ride home.
5. You're a ghost town I'm too patriotic to leave.
6. I stay because you're the beginning of the dream I want to remember.
7. I didn't call him back because he likes his girls voiceless.
8. It's not that he wants to be a liar; it's just that he doesn't know the truth.
9. I couldn't love you, you were a small war.
10. We covered the smell of loss with jokes.
11. I didn't want to fail at love like our parents.
12. You made the nomad in me build a house and stay.
13. I'm not a dog.
14. We were trying to prove our blood wrong.
15. I was still lonely so I did even lonelier things.
16. Yes, I'm insecure, but so was my mother and her mother.
17. No, he loves me he just makes me cry a lot.
18. He knows all of my secrets and still wants to kiss me.
19. You were too cruel to love for a long time.
20. It just didn't work out.
21. My dad walked out one afternoon and never came back.
22. I can't sleep because I can still taste him in my mouth.
23. I cut him out at the root, he was my favorite tree, rotting, threatening the foundations of my home.
24. The women in my family die waiting.
25. Because I didn't want to die waiting for you.
26. I had to leave, I felt lonely when he held me.
27. You're the song I rewind until I know all the words and I feel sick.
28. He sent me a text that said "I love you so bad."
29. His heart wasn't as beautiful as his smile
30. We emotionally manipulated one another until we thought it was love.
31. Forgive me, I was lonely so I chose you.
32. I'm a lover without a lover.
33. I'm lovely and lonely.
34. I belong deeply to myself ."

- 34 Reasons We Failed at Love, Warsan Shire (via vvrists)

roonson: a series of unfortunate events



roonsona series of unfortunate events

Why did you use Death to narrate THE BOOK THIEF?

zusakbooks:

The simple answer is that I thought of the expression that war and death are like best friends, so who better to tell a story set during World War II? After all, Death was everywhere during that time…

imageThe truth, though, is that I stumbled across it, which is usually what happens with our best ideas; the trick is to recognise them as they stare you in the face and not ignore them…This time around I was working in a high school with some kids and we wrote about colour. I wrote about three deaths in that story and realised I'd used Death as the narrator. I immediately thought, 'Maybe I should use this idea for that book set in Nazi Germany…' I didn't ask myself why.

I've often said that even in the parts of The Book Thief that embarrass me now, it's the voice of Death that holds it all together. But it wasn't as easy as that sounds. There were many problems, like I wrote 200 pages with Death narrating till I realised he was too macabre – he was enjoying his work too much and operated with a sense of sadistic pleasure…So I changed everything so that Liesel herself would narrate – which also didn't work because it gave me new problems. (Despite my having the experience of a German-Austrian background, Liesel was the most Australian-sounding German girl in the history of all books everywhere)…but that's the great thing about being writer:

EVERYONE THINKS YOU HAVE A GREAT IMAGINATION – BUT THE TRUTH IS, YOU JUST HAVE A LOT OF PROBLEMS.

The beauty of it is that just as necessity is the mother of all invention, your purest imagination is in solving your problems – to find a way to get it all to work. In the case of Death? I went to a simple 3rd person narration (which was everything I'd been trying to avoid in the first place) until it hit me. I heard the last line of the book in my head and thought, 'That's it. Death is haunted by us. He is all powerful but for the fact that he's tired, and due to seeing humans mostly at their worst, he tells Liesel's story to remind him that humans can be beautiful and selfless and worthwhile' – and once I had that voice, I started the book all over again, borrowing from all the so-called failed drafts, and got there, somehow, in the end.

*Photo Credit: Quantity Postcards (www.QPFANS.com)

michygeary: diminga: Same man, different face   Holy crap







michygeary:

diminga:

Same man, different face

image 

Holy crap

Photo





















thetimetravelersguidetothegalaxy: katswhiskers: velvetonions: imagine a milkshake place called...

thetimetravelersguidetothegalaxy:

katswhiskers:

velvetonions:

imagine a milkshake place called "shakesperience" where all the milkshake flavours are named after puns of shakespeare plays

  • Oreothello
  • Rolo and Juliet
  • Macberry
  • Mars Ado About Nothing
  • Antonutella and Cleopatra
  • Merchocolate of Venice
  • Two Gentlemint of Verona
  • Richerry III

I would never be online if this was real.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה